Saturday, March 31, 2012

Catch up :)

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. These past few weeks have just been a whirlwind of activities! Two weekends ago The American Spirit Dance Company had their spring preformance. I was blessed to have my mom and dad come out to watch me dance in the final two shows!

The next week during my spring break my mom stayed in Oklahoma City with me and lived the college dorm life! We had a blast seeing the town, meeting with Brian Atteberry, going to Body Trends, finishing up Miss Oklahoma paperwork, volunteering at the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and relaxing. It was wonderful to spend time with my mom.

I was also able to spend a day volunteering at Campfire USA's Camp Dakani. The weather was absolutely beautiful and all of the kids were full of energy! We canoed, went on the zip line, finished a ropes course, hula hooped and went on a scavenger hunt.

Oklahoma City has been having wonderful summer weather perfect for long walks and runs outside!

Today Oklahoma City University partnered with OKC Beautiful to clean up Oklahoma City. Students showed up early this morning, were split into groups and given various outdoor tasks. My group was asked to pick up trash on 23rd street. The majority of the trash we picked up was from fast food restaurants and remainders of cigarettes. After a few hours of fun in the wonderful sunshine we had cleaned up a majority of the trash. I was amazed at how much litter there was! Please take a few seconds to throw trash in a garbage can or recycle bin.

"The earth is filled with the Lord's glory."
Habakkuk 2:14

Love,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment